Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Yippee! J.Crew Listens to their Customers!

Last year I bought Crewcuts by J.Crew girls solid somersault leggings because I liked all the fantastic colors they were offering - neutrals and vibrants.   I was pleased to open the package and see the the colors were just what I expected, the feel was soft and stretchy, and the fit was true to size.  I was disappointed to discover that after a few wears, the waistband stretched permanently and my little toddler was a slave to picking up here leggings every time she bent over, sat, or just walked a short distance.  I have visions of her looking like a little rap star if she was was to be wearing these while playing on the playground if she was in school.


As I was checking out J.Crew's sale last weekend, I took a glance at their other leggings and pleasantly found this  - redesigned Crewcuts somersault leggings!  Holy cowsers!  I know I sent their Crewcuts expert, Melanie, an email regarding the poor waistband on these leggings, and I am guessing a legion of other mom's did the same exact thing.

Here is photo of the leggings in a vibrant reddish-orange that goes by the name - 'eternal flame' - and a little description of the new somersault leggings fit and feel.  Yippee!





You asked for it, you got it: our littlest leggings (sizes 2 and 3) now have a whole new fit and feel, which means playtime has never been comfier. Plus, all our sizes have a thicker, sturdier waistband she's sure to be head over heels for (on the monkey bars, that is). Cotton/Lycra® spandex jersey. Elastic waistband. Import. Machine wash.






Crewcuts Somersault leggings $16.50



Thank You J.Crew for listening to your customers and making a semi-good product a FIVE-STAR wardrobe staple!  We received ours a few days ago and the fit around the waist is sturdy and well fitting.  After a couple hours of wear running around the park, they held their shape beautifully - a big difference from last year's legging.  


What I like besides the colors, feel and now fit, is that wash after wash, the colors was retained and there was no piling whatsoever.  


Here is two thumbs-up to the team at J.Crew for trusting the feedback from their buyers and giving great customer service.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...