Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Best Skin Care Products for Combination Skin

Finding a skin care regime that makes your skin look smooth, clear and dewy, in other words - fabulous, can be a arduous task for many women.  I was lucky to have my mother introduce me to Clinique when I was 16.  It took many trials to find to right products for my dry cheeks, oily T-zone, combination skin.  I never had an acne problem, but the crazy common pimples that would show up when you least wanted them - pictures, big events, you name it.


While I  realize that Cate's list of award winning skincare products will not work for everyone, it at least gives you an idea of products worth trying.






  • Best for taking make-up off:  Clinique's Take the Day Off! This has to be the number one makeup remover ever invented.  A little dip on a cotton ball and a few swipes over your eyes and lips effortlessly takes it all off.  I have sensitive skin and itchy eyes from seasonal allergies, and this little concoction gives me absolutely no irritation whatsoever.  








  • Best for cleansing:  Clinique's Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam.  Not only is this great at treating acne, but preventing it, too.  The foam is silky, creamy, and glides on smoothly.  I use this morning and night and have no dryness.  Best yet, no breakouts!  












  • Best Clarifying Lotion:  Clinique's Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion.  I was never a firm believer in Clarifying lotions until I used this one.  I used it morning and night and found my skin to be a bit dry.  I cut down to using it only at night and what a difference - no more tightness.  The salicylic acid can be harsh if overused, so a little goes a long way.  One bottle lasts me 6 months!  Well worth the money and the clear skin.










  • Best Moisturizer:  Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.  This is the one item where I deviate from Clinique.  No Clinique moisturizer does the trick for me.  Either my skin feels too dry (Dramatically Different Lotion) or too sticky (Moisture Surge).  I tried Cetaphil on the recommendation of a doctor I worked with and what a refreshing lotion.  My skin just feels right with Cetaphil.  Since my skin is sensitive, I needed something light and dewy, but free of irritating chemicals.  Two pumps of this lotion after my Clarifying Lotion makes my skin feel fresh, healthy and moist.



  • Best Lip Moisturizer:  Smith's Rosebud Salve.  I have had the hardest time trying to find a lip moisturizer that was neither waxy or gloppy.  After reading about it in Parenting Magazine, I had to try Smith's Rosebud Salve.  I stopped by Sephora and was so glad I spent the $6 for this product.  It is a light consistency that glides on the lips and makes them soft and supple.  This is my 'go-to' lip moisturizer/gloss.  I use it on a daily basis - numerous times - and I have even grown accustomed to the rosy smell and taste.  It is a miracle worker!  If you are looking for a great little gift for your girlfriend's, this is it.

These items are my beauty staples.  After much trial and error, I found fabulous products for my combination skin.  If you are still hunting for a good skin routine, consider these items. Not only are they gentle, but hard-working.  Even though Clinique is more pricey than drugstore brands, their products usually last 3-4 months on average. The results will speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...