Friday, July 1, 2011

Crewcuts by JCrew Girls Somersault Leggings

Crewcuts/Jcrew somersault leggings
I was excited last year to find reasonably priced leggings at JCrew/Crewcuts last winter for toddler girls.   I was even more excited to find neutral colors - navy, heather gray, cream - colors that I had a hard time finding at Old Navy, GAP or Target.

When I received them in the mail, I was excited - the cotton was soft and stretchy, the colors were exactly what I wanted, and the length was right to the ankle.  After a couple of wears, I noticed that my daughter was picking at her leggings under dresses/tunics.  As it was, the waist completely stretched out and they kept falling down and making her uncomfortable.  Even though we stopped wearing them often - only for wearing under snowpants now - the seam in the tushy area was beginning to split.  I was surprised because JCrew typically has very good quality.  In the end, I just threw these out because they are worthless to wear when they are falling down 85% of the time.

All in all, I love the colors that Crewcuts has, I love the feel of these, but the permanant over stretching of the waist made these a dealbreaker.  The price wasn't to bad - I got them at 2/$14 - but I would opt for the 2/$7 leggings at Target over these.  While both the Crewcuts and Target leggings wash very well and have no pilling, the Target leggings are superior in retaining shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...